Saturday, June 28, 2008

SL5BS

Well, I brought True Metal to SL5B........and at one point had 5 on my Thrash Chim!! Started out on a tear and never did let up.......musically.

Unfortunately, it was a typical weekend in SL...crashadelic. I had a decent crowd for such an early set, I absolutely love ya my Freaks!!! Trouble was, every time more than 10 people showed up, the damn sim crashed. 5 times in a 2-hour set.....FFS, that's plain ridiculous!!! And it wasn't just my sim, the whole SL5B kept crashing, and crashing, and crashing.....would have been funny if not so sad. To those of you who kept coming back again and again.....thank you SO much....I'm here to rock your 2L.....come by Freakheim later on for more kickass tuneage without the PG limitations. I was SO tempted to play Biohazard's "Fuck the Rules" after the 4th crash. But I didn't. I played by the rules. It's a shame that the "organizers" didn't.

First off, I'd like to thank the folks that worked their asses off to organize the DJs...Chel Norfolk, JewelKicker Spearman, and others whose names I don't know. Awesome job getting the schedules worked out & dealing with all the crazy questions in the chat.

What pisses me off is that appearing at SL5B was supposed to allow the DJs to introduce themselves to a new audience and give them much needed exposure. Turns out that the DJs were responsible for bringing in their own crowd. I'm very fortunate to have a huge fan base, some of whom are on at any given hour. But what about those who don't? Just like the majority of club owners, the SL5B operation did nothing to direct people to the DJ sets. Look folks, we're professional entertainers just like the live musicians. We play for twice as long, and spend just as much or even more on music, equipment, computers and so forth. So why the fuck are we treated as expendable?

The Rock/Metal venue was smaller than the other two DJ venues, even though the Rock DJs were the largest group. And, unlike the venues for live musicians, the stream was only heard within 10m of the gazebo--not across the whole parcel. If folks could have been anywhere in the immediate area and heard the set, maybe they would've come on in. But then that would have crashed the sim. Can't win for losing. Makes me wonder if the "music industry" is in cahoots with the organizers....keep the good music away from people who may actually LIKE music with a melody & turn their back on that hiphop & pop crap peddled these days.

Some dumbass decided to put the rockers out in the sticks to fend for themselves...so be it. We're everywhere....and will continue to turn the amps up to 13...Metal will never die!!!!

No comments: