Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Happy Humpingday

Yep, I know, I'm waaay late this week. RL has been a real sonofabitch lately, and it's sucking up what little spare time I have. Last week at Freakheim rocked out nonetheless, starting with Fury Aeon on Tuesday, & Rosie & Lainey on Thursday.

Saturday started off with a bang, as we had a live set from Kelvinblue Oh, Texas bluesman extraordinaire and survivor of Hurricane Ike. Yep, ol' Kev decided to ride it out & said the house was definitely a-rockin' but not from his guitar. He managed to have power & internet restored in time for Saturday's set, and knocked out an hour of killer electric Blues.

Oz was stuck in RL Saturday evening, but we still got our Dutch Treat, as Marvel Kit filled in for him. Marv's set kicked ass, and everyone there had fun. I hope to get Marv in as a regular set sometime soon. Oz did manage to make it to Freakheim for the end of Marv's set & he hung around for my "Strange" set. I played a lot of strange tunes, and there were plenty of strange avies at the club. I came as the Road Runner.....yep, the cartoon character.

The week finished off with another great set from Gorgeous Guenevere. She had a movie theme and played a lot of soundtrack tunes & general killer trax. Not a lot of bodies there, and if you missed it, shame on you!! Guen plays every other Sunday, so mark your calendars for her next set, 5 October.

This week sees the return of Myn's Mid-week Mania on Wednesday, followed by Rosie & Lainey on Thursday, and Oz & I on Saturday. Oh, before I forget, the shopping area has been completely redone into a Gothic village, and Kaedy opened up a Halloween shop at the far end of the parcel. Make sure you check it out, there's waycool stuffs in there unavailable anywhere else inworld! Since I'm running 2 days late, I decided to skip the pix this week, but I'll try to get some in my next posting. See ya at Freakheim!!

No comments: