Sunday, April 12, 2009

Freakheim Anniversary Coming Up!

Heyas!! Yep, I know, I've been kinda bad about posting lately. And kinda absent from SL too, for that matter. Damn RL has got me in a deathgrip lately. There is light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm pretty sure it's not a train....though I am quite deaf. The main reason for this post is that I thought I'd remind y'all that Freakheim's first anniversary is quickly approaching. A year is forever in SL time, so much has happened since FFH opened its doors. On Saturday 25 April we'll be having one hell of a party to celebrate a year of Freaky existence. Stay tuned for details, but I guarantee you'll want to be there.

Since I have the podium, mic, keyboard, floor, whatever, I'm going to take the time right now to thank my kickass Freaky Staff. Each and every one of you, most of whom have been with me from the very start. I played the first FFH set ever on 26 April 2008 and many of you were there. We would not have lasted this long without your dedication to the cause of great music. After playing various venues in SL I had the idea to open a place that focused on the music, where everyone would feel at home, let their hair down, and just Freakin' party!! Because of you, we did it!!!

I also want to thank the members of Band of Freaks for coming out, set after set, to see just what kind of silliness we'd get into that night. We have had some great times together, and there are a bunch of us! Just about everywhere you go in SL anymore, there will be a Freak there. Please mark your calendars for Saturday, 25 April 2009 and let's see just how many Freaks we can pack into the Funeral Home!!

No comments: