Sunday, March 15, 2009

L$ 75,000!!!!

Yesterday was the kickoff for Relay for Life 2009. Freakheim is part of the Spinners for Life relay team, and we hosted an all-day bash at the Funeral Home. By the time I logged off last night, we had raised L$75,000 from the kiosk in the club alone. When I popped in this morning, I noticed that the team total was over L$96,000, thanks to the generous support from the patrons of Lounge of Dreams and other locations. I'd like to offer my sincere thanks to all of you for supporting Relay, and for the tremendous kickoff we had!!

This year, the Spinners for Life HQ building is on the Freakheim sim, just before you get to Frankenlust Holiday Shoppe. Pop in and check the message board for upcoming Spinners events. There is also an option to subscribe to event notices without having to join the group. Relay lasts a little over 4 months, and we will continue to have fund-raising events throughout that time. If you happen to find yourself with some spare L$ in you pocket, please consider donating it through any of the convenient kiosks gridwide. Every little bit does help, even L$1.

In 2008, Spinners raised L$418,000 and we plan to exceed that this year. This cause is near & dear to me personally, and I know it is to many of you, too. Thank you!!!

No comments: