Tuesday, February 16, 2010

And the Flakes keep falling...

You know it takes something extraordinary for me to post more than once a week or so. No, it's not still snowing in Atlanta. The flakes I refer to are people who lack the common courtesy of telling me they are no longer going to be working for me. I understand RL, and often SL, hits us upside the head with all sorts of unexpected ugliness. I don't need a reason, or an excuse, or any more information you're not willing to share. I do, however, expect you to act like a professional. That means an IM or email stating that you will no longer be part of the Freakheim Staff. Just dropping the Groups and disappearing is juvenile. I don't care what tragedy, or most likely self-induced drama, has befallen you.

I have had two people do this this week, or at least I found out about it this week. These two people, and those before them that pulled the same stunt, will never work in one of my venues again. Ever. SL may be a "game", but when you make a commitment, you stand by it. If you can no longer meet that obligation, or no longer wish to, the professional thing to do is make that fact known.

That being said, this rant does not include those who took the approximately 30 seconds to let me or a manager know that they would be unable to work. I am very understanding, and all excuses are good excuses. I understand the need for occasional extended absences, household emergencies, illness, what have you. Hell, I know DJ burnout all too well. Freakheim has outlasted 90% of the clubs in SL because I will not compromise my mission to bring folks the best music on the planet.I also run it as a professional operation, where everyone is treated with respect and dignity. In most cases, this respect is reciprocated. To those of you who chose to disrespect me, the Staff, my time, money & vision....Karmic backlash is a motherfucker.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen, amen and another amen.

Folks seem to forget that it's still a job no matter what. Probably in the end the club will be better off I think, Rykk.

kelownagamermom said...

Sorry to hear how disrespectful people have been, Rykk. But I agree with Guenevere, the club is probably better off. It's one big family to me.

Lainey Thorne said...

When you take on a job in sl it is like a job in rl. You do not show, do not let people know whats up or just disappear it will affect everyone! It is not hard to take 2 seconds to im someone to say hey can't make it or this is not working. Its called common courtesy but alot of people seem to forget about such things in SL. Freakheim will keep rockin for a very long time!!